Cash App is among the peer-to-peer (P2P) payment apps that let you send and receive money easily. Apart from transferring money, Cash App can link Cash App to Robinhood and invest in stock and Bitcoin with most of its services for free.
Considering that, it’s no surprise that Cash App generated $12.3 billion in revenue in 2021 with over 44 million monthly users. It’s easy to see why Cash App has become a popular P2P app due to its ease of use and security.
However, you may wonder how to verify your identity on the app and increase your Cash App limit.
So, how do you verify your identity on Cash App?
Short Answer: You can verify your identity on Cash App by sharing your social security number on the app. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the US has made it mandatory for all money transfer services to correctly identify and monitor users who send and receive money so proper tax payments can be made.
You can increase your Cash App sending and receiving limits by just verifying your identity. It only takes a few days to process your identity. In addition, you avoid being flagged by Cash App as a scam or fraudulent account from verification.
How To Verify Identity on Cash App?
Verifying your identity on Cash App is simple. But, first, Cash App will need your SSN, which the IRS requires to raise your $250 7-day limit and $1,000 30-day limit.
Steps on how to verify your Cash App identity:
- Launch Cash App on your iPhone or Android device.
- Select the “Balance” tab and scroll down to your fund’s section.
- Tap “Add Card.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts and provide the necessary information, including your name, birthdate, account number, expiration date, and CVV.
- Go to your profile and enter your Social Security Number (SSN).
- Take a photo of your government ID card. Use the same Cash App sign-in device to upload the image.
- Take a selfie as proof of identification to verify the government ID photo match the selfie.
- Once confirmed, wait for the verification process to finalize.
- Follow the final on-screen prompts to complete the verification process.
See our guide on changing your routing number on Cash App.
How To Verify Identity on Cash App Without ID?
Unfortunately, you cannot verify your identity on Cash App without an ID. In addition, Cash App does not verify multiple identical ID details. So using fake social security numbers, illegitimate information, or fake screenshot generators may result in the closure of your account.
You can still send and receive money to your contacts if you don’t verify your identity with an ID. However, the limit for sending money is $250 in a seven-day period, and the limit for receiving is $1,000 within a 30-day period.
The limits can only be increased after verifying your identity with your full name, date of birth, and social security number.
See our guide on where to load a Cash App card without an ID.
How Long Does Cash App Take to Verify Identity?
Verifying your Cash App identity usually takes 48 hours or two business days. Thankfully, you can do everything through Cash App’s mobile app.
Is your Cash App identity verification still pending?
There may be issues with your verification process submission. You can easily reach Cash App customer support via the app due to verification concerns.
See our guide on why Cash App can’t link your card at this time error.
How do I Know my Cash App is Verified?
You’ll receive an email and app notification after Cash App verifies your account. In addition, your daily spending limit will increase immediately.
See our guide on someone hacking my Cash app with just the username.
What is the Cash App Limit After Verification?
You’ll be able to send up to $7,500 per week once your identity is verified. In addition, you’ll have the ability to receive unlimited money from your contacts and access features such as Bitcoin withdrawals and tax reports for personal accounts to the IRS.
The best benefit of verifying your Cash App identity is that your Cash App limit is drastically increased. Once you become a verified Cash App user, you will be able to send up to $7,500 per week. You will also have the ability to receive unlimited money from your contacts and access features such as Bitcoin withdrawals and tax reporting.
Additionally, you can take advantage of benefits such as direct deposit via Cash Card and a free customizable debit card to use at free ATMs for Cash App. However, it will require you to fill out 1099-K and 1099-B tax forms as part of the IRS tax forms requirement.
See our guide on why Cash App says my payments will deposit shortly.
Why Can’t Cash App Verify My Identity?
There can be several reasons for unsuccessful attempts to verify your identity. Is the verification system not working?
Here are reasons why Cash App can’t verify your identity:
- Under 18 Years of Age – Cash App can only verify users over 18 due to legalities. You need an adult’s approval to have a 13+ Cash App account.
- Incorrect Information – You may have entered an incorrect name or social security number in the verification form. We suggest double-checking everything before you submit.
- Unclear Submitted ID Photos – If your submitted photo ID or number is unclear, Cash App may have rejected your request for verification. Make sure your ID photos are well-lit and avoid shaky or blurred images.
See our guide on how to unlock a Cash App account.
Why Does Cash App Verify my Driver’s License Number?
Cash App must verify your driver’s license number and SSN; it’s a legal online payment platform. As a result, every transaction is reported to the appropriate government agencies.
Your photo ID proof is not sufficient. To ensure safety, your driver’s license number and social security number are required to verify your identity and report personal accounts to the IRS.
See our guide on paying with Cash App in-store without a card.
How to Verify Cash App if Under 18?
Cash App will require an under 18 user to share a parent or guardian name, phone number, email address, or Cashtag for approval. The underage user will be prompted once the app detects a user between 13 and 17 years old.
The adult responsible is the legal owner of the account, and the teen is technically just an authorized user. As a result, the adult can see their entire history and trace transactions in their monthly statements. In addition, the over 18 guardian has the authority to disable the Cash App card and account anytime.
Steps to approve a Cash App account request for a minor:
- Tap the “Activity” tab on the home screen.
- Tap View under “Request for Approval.”
- Review the terms and conditions before approving.
What things can minors do on Cash App?
13-17-year-old users can create a Cash App account and access these limited features:
- Send, receive, or request USD payments ($1000 per 30 days)
- Withdrawals from balance ($25,000 per 7 days)
- Add cash-to-cash balance ($1000 per 30 days)
- Transactions on Cash Cards and withdrawals from ATMs
- Direct deposit
- Use at restaurants that accept Cash App.
- Boost instant rewards
See our guide on how to find someone on Cash App by username.
Verify My Identity on Cash App Summary
You can verify your identity on Cash App by sharing your social security number and necessary government photo ID. As a verified Cash App user, you’ll be able to send up to $7,500 per week.
You can also receive unlimited money from your contacts and access features such as direct deposit, cash cards, Bitcoin withdrawals, and tax reporting.
See our guide on how to make a Cashtag name during sign up.