Dairy Queen is well known for its soft-serve ice cream, malts, and ice cream cakes, but it also serves sandwiches and meal packages. The Blizzard is one of Dairy Queen’s most popular desserts; it was originally only available in vanilla flavor but has subsequently expanded to include a variety of flavors. More than 7,000 fast food locations in the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service that allows users to make payments using an iPhone. In addition, Apple Pay can be used at any store that accepts contactless payments.
Does Dairy Queen Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Dairy Queen does take Apple Pay. You can use Apple Pay inside Dairy Queen stores and at the drive-thru. Most store locations offer several contactless payment options to pay for your food and drinks.
However, calling and confirming your nearby Dairy Queen takes Apple Pay in-store is recommended.
See our guide on nearby restaurants that take Apple Pay.
How To Use Apple Pay at Dairy Queen?
You need an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 8.1 or later to use Apple Pay at Dairy Queen. Once you’re close to the checkout counter, your iPhone automatically notifies you to use Apple Pay.
Apple Wallet will allow you to pay with a credit card, debit card, or your Apple Pay card.
You’ll need to hold your iPhone or Apple Watch up to the Dairy Queen NFC-enabled card reader and use your fingerprint to complete the purchase. Your mobile device will vibrate slightly, indicating the payment has been completed.
In addition, some countries or stores may also require you to enter your PIN to complete the transaction. It’s due to outdated POS devices or legislation prohibiting cashless transactions in that country.
Ask the Dairy Queen cashier for help if you’re having trouble with contactless payment technology.
How To Add a Card To Apple Wallet on iPhone?
Adding a card to Apple Wallet on iPhone can be done in a few short steps. It lets you make quick and easy payments with your iPhone wherever contactless payments are accepted.
Steps to add a new card to Apple Wallet:
- Open the Wallet app and tap the “+” sign in the upper-right corner.
- Select either Debit or Credit Card, then press “Continue.”
- Enter your credit card or debit card information. You can use your camera to scan your card number or manually enter the information. Once your card information is entered, tap the “Add” button.
- Validate your information with your bank or credit card company. Before authorizing and linking your card for Apple Pay, you might be required to download an app or provide extra details.
If you have an Apple Watch linked to your iPhone, you can also add your card to the iWatch.
Contact your credit card issuer if you have trouble adding your card to Apple Wallet on your iPhone.
See our guide on nearby gas stations that accept Apple Pay.
Steps to add a previous card to Apple Wallet:
- Tap the Add button in the Apple Wallet app.
- To see cards you’ve previously added to the Wallet app,
- Tap Previous Cards to see cards you’ve previously added to your Wallet app. Then click Continue after selecting the card you want to add.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your device’s screen to add your card.
You can also add the card to your iWatch if your Apple Watch is linked to your iPhone.
See our guide on tracking a debit or credit card with EMV smart chip cards.
Do I Get Cashback if I Use Apple Pay at Dairy Queen?
Yes, you will get cashback from Apple if you use an Apple Pay Card at Dairy Queen and other stores that accept it. There are no cashback limits on your transactions. You’ll get cashback every time you make a transaction.
You can collect up to 3% cashback on every transaction. See the terms and conditions on the Apple website.
See our guide on places that give the most cashback on a debit card.
Can You Use Apple Pay at Dairy Queen Drive-Thru?
Yes, you can use Apple Pay at the Dairy Queen drive-thru or pick up takeout; that’s in addition to other forms of contactless payments. However, you can’t use Apple Pay when ordering through the Dairy Queen app.
See our guide on paying for Grubhub food delivery with cash.
Can I Use Apple Watch at Dairy Queen?
Yes, you can use your Apple Watch at Dairy Queen if your Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone. Simply place the Apple Watch close to an NFC-enabled checkout point to complete the transaction and pay for your food.
See our guide on paying for food at In N Out with Apple Pay.
Why Use Apple Pay at Dairy Queen?
Apple Pay and Dairy Queen have partnered to make transactions easy for their customers.
Here are reasons to use Apple Pay at Dairy Queen:
- Apple Pay reduces the need to carry cash
- Speeds up the checkout lines to get your food faster
- Users can get cashback by linking their debit card to Apple Pay
- Apple Pay allows one-click payment
- Apple Pay is safe and eliminates the need to carry several cards
See our guide on restaurants that accept PayPal.
What Forms of Payment does Dairy Queen Take?
Dairy Queen fast-food restaurants accept Apple Pay, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, major credit cards, and debit cards at most locations. In addition, customers can pay with cash, coupons, or personal checks at various stores.
See our guide on fast food places that take EBT SNAP cards.
What Ice Cream Places Take Apple Pay?
There are over 11,000 ice cream stores in the US. Baskin Robbins is the largest ice cream chain, with over 300 million customers a year. It’s easier to use Apple Pay to buy ice cream instead of handing over a few dollars and exchanging coins.
Here are ice cream places that take Apple Pay:
- Cold Stone Creamery – Vary
- Baskin Robbins – Most locations
- Braum’s Ice Cream and Dairy Stores – Yes
- Carvel – Yes
- Dippin’ Dots – Vary
- Marble Slab Creamery – Most
- Rita’s Italian Ice – Yes
- Ben & Jerry’s – No
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard – No
- Oberweis Ice Cream and Dairy Store – Yes
- Andy’s Frozen Custard – Yes
- Graeter’s Ice Cream – Yes
- Kilwins – Yes
See our guide on restaurants that accept Cash App.
Dairy Queen Take Apple Pay Summary
Using Apple Pay to buy food at Dairy Queen has become one of the most popular payment methods.
Some retailers have been hesitant to embrace new payment technologies. However, Dairy Queen has always been quick to adopt innovations that make it easier for customers to pay and improve the customer experience.