Nowadays, people will ask, “Do you take Cash App in-store? Venmo? How about Zelle?” Peer-to-peer payment apps have become increasingly popular in recent years, with Cash App being one of the most downloaded online banking apps.
So, can you transfer money from Cash App to Netspend?
Short Answer: Yes, you can transfer funds from Cash App to Netspend with a workaround. You’ll need to link your Cash App and Netspend account to a third-party wallet such as Paypal.
However, you cannot directly link your Netspend card to Cash App because prepaid credit cards are not accepted by Cash App, except for government-issued cards. In addition, as a prepaid debit card company, Netspend does not function as a bank.
Read our comprehensive guide for the complete details and step-by-step instructions on transferring money between online banking apps.
Table of Contents
What is a FlashPay ID on Netspend?
FlashPay is a service that lets people transfer money to and from prepaid accounts. You just need the FlashPay ID and recipient’s name to send money. FlashPay only works with select brands, such as Netspend debit card, ACE Elite, Control, and Purpose.
The FlashPay ID is essential for sending or receiving money with your Netspend card. You’ll need to request a Netspend card online, create an online account, and log in to the Online Account Center to get your FlashPay ID.
You’ll need to choose between a monthly or pay-per-use plan once the card has been activated. There are no monthly Netspend Pay-As-You-Go fees.
Learn the Netspend withdrawal fees at Walmart stores.
Can You Transfer Money from Cash App to Netspend?
Yes, you can transfer money from Cash App to Netspend indirectly. However, it requires linking your Cash App and Netspend accounts through a third-party wallet, such as PayPal.
You cannot directly link your Netspend card to Cash App because Cash App doesn’t currently support prepaid credit cards, except for government-issued cards.
Netspend does not function as a bank, so it’s not a checking or savings account. However, Netspend is a registered agent of MetaBank, Republic Bank & Trust, Axos Bank, and The Bancorp Bank.
The Netspend card allows using your cash balance on your card to make purchases. You can reload the card at a store or transfer funds directly from your bank account. You can also indirectly transfer money from Cash App, so you don’t have a negative balance.
Connecting a shared bank account allows you to send money from the Cash App to the bank account and then to your Netspend account.
How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
PayPal is the most convenient method to send money from Netspend to Cash App. However, it’s more complicated than directly transferring money. However, currently, there’s no Cash App link to Netspend.
Follow these steps to transfer money from Netspend to Cash App:
- Sign in to your PayPal account.
- Go to “Add Money Online.”
- Choose your Netspend account as the source of the funds.
- Fill in the amount and complete the transaction. The money transfer will take approximately one to three business days for the direct deposit to hit.
- Visit “My Wallet” on PayPal after it’s credited.
- Select “Transfer Money.”
- Choose your preferred bank.
- Click “Continue” once you’ve chosen the bank account to deposit the withdrawn funds.
- Type in the amount you want to direct deposit.
- Click on “Transfer Now” to confirm.
- Tap the “Banking” tab on your Cash App home screen once the funds are credited to your bank account.
- Select “Add Cash.”
- Choose the amount and tap the “Add” option.
- Confirm the money transfer from your Netspend to Cash App by using Touch ID or entering your PIN code.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, a few alternatives that work with Netspend include Payoneer, Square, Skrill, Google Pay, and Stripe. Remember that each app has its own transaction costs and direct deposit times hit.
How to Add Bank to Cash App?
Cash App and the third-party mobile banking app should use the same linked bank account to transfer money.
Follow the steps to add a bank to your Cash App:
- Launch Cash App on your Android or iPhone.
- Select the “Balance” icon on the bottom-left corner of the screen
- Select “Add Bank.”
- Enter your bank information manually or link Cash App with Plaid to connect your accounts with the bank name, address, accounting number, and routing number.
- Confirm by tapping “Add Bank.”
- Your bank account should now be added.
Learn how to change your routing number on Cash App.
Does Netspend Have Money Transfer Fees?
No, Netspend doesn’t charge fees for money transfers. So, for example, transferring funds from one Netspend account to another or via a PayPal account is free.
However, Netspend charges a $2.50 fee for ATM withdrawals, a $3.95 cash reload fee, 50 cents for balance inquiries at ATMs or telephone automated services, 50 cents for live customer service, and $5.95 inactivity after 90 days of no transaction per month.
Transfer Money from Cash App to Netspend Summary
Although you cannot directly send money from Cash App to Netspend, there’s a workaround via Paypal. Although it’s not the most convenient way, it’s the best option to transfer funds to your account.
You cannot directly link your Netspend card to Cash App since Netspend is not a bank. In addition, it doesn’t offer checking or savings accounts, only prepaid credit cards.