Meal Maker Challenge: Shrimp Scampi
Baked Shrimp Scampi
(Photo Credit: Lidia’s Italy, PA)
Doesn’t this photo just make your mouth water? Sure does mine! I found this amazing and ridiculously simple recipe for Baked Shrimp Scampi on SupermarketGuru.com It was featured as Phil’s recipe of the week. I made this for lunch the other day and had wanted to take a picture for you all but before I knew what happened I ate it…ALL! I will try to do better next time.
This is a great dish to serve over pasta. In the time it takes to fix the scampi your pasta will be ready too!
*This week at HEB you can snag some extra large shrimp for only $4.98/lb!*
Executive Chef Craig Richards of Lidia’s Italy, PA is due all the credit for this succulent shrimp dish!
What you will need:
- 6 large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon minced Shallots
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon juice
- 2/3 cup dry white Wine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley
How to do it:
- Remove shells up to tail.
- De-vein shrimp by slicing down the back of shrimp and removing black strip.
- Cut a bit deeper to “butterfly” shrimp.
- Grease baking sheet with softened butter.
- Place shrimp tail side up on baking sheet.
- Repeat process with all shrimp making a pattern of 9 6.
- Sprinkle salt on shrimp.
- Dab shrimp with butter.
- Pre – heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small skillet, sauté garlic over medium to low heat for several minutes.
- Add shallots and thyme.
- Pour in lemon juice, wine and salt.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce by 1/2 and remove thyme.
- Bake shrimp 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce over shrimp, top with parsely and devour!
All Meal Maker Challenge, ConAgra, HEB Combo Loco, and Phil Lempert posts are part of a sponsored promotion. My involvement is being compensated to comply with the FTC guidelines.