Give Every Night New Flavor: Sloppy Joe Casserole with #KrogerRecipes
We are starting Day 2 of Give Every Night New Flavor. Here is your recipe for tonight’s quick and easy meal. We have other dinner arrangements tonight so I will not be posting pictures of this meal. Feel free to share yours though. Enjoy!
Sloppy Joe Casserole
What You’ll Need:
Yield: 6 servings (1/6th casserole each)
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 can (15.5 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz each) Van Camp’s® Pork and Beans
- 1 pkg (7.5 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough (10 small biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook and stir beef in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink; drain. Add all frozen vegetables. Cover; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thawed. Stir in remaining ingredients, except dough. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour into baking dish.
- Meanwhile, remove biscuit dough from package. Cut each biscuit in half crosswise. Place cut side down over hot mixture around edge of baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.
Be sure meat mixture is piping hot when the biscuits are placed around the edge of the dish so the bottom of the biscuits cook as well as the top.