Give Every Night New Flavor: Bean Enchilada Casserole with #KrogerRecipes
Week (2) of Give Every Night New Flavor. With these eye popping colors you’ll be turning dinner tonight into a fiesta! If you try this tonight, feel free to share yours thoughts and pictures. Enjoy!
Bean Enchilada Casserole
(photo credit: Kroger Meal solutions)
What You’ll Need:
Yield: 8 servings (1 piece each)
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 can (10 oz each) red enchilada sauce
- 1 pkg (12 oz each) frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (16 oz each) Rosarita® No Fat Traditional Refried Beans
- 12 soft corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of enchilada sauce in bottom of dish. Cook corn in microwave according to package directions, using minimum cook time.
2. Spread about half of refried beans on 6 tortillas. Place tortillas, bean-side up, over sauce in dish, overlapping to fit. Stir together remaining enchilada sauce, corn, black beans and undrained tomatoes in large bowl. Spread half of corn mixture over tortillas in dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
3. Repeat layering with remaining refried beans and tortillas, corn mixture and remaining 1 cup cheese.
4. Bake 35 minutes or until hot in center and bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into 8 pieces.
Top casserole with your favorite enchilada toppings — shredded lettuce, sour cream and avocado, if desired. No frozen corn on hand? Use 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained instead. No salt added canned corn will keep the nutrition more similar to frozen corn.