Getting Organized: The Couponizer
How do you prepare for your shopping trips? Do you make a list? Specific list or just general items needed? Do you pre-sort your coupons? Do you look at the sale ads or blog match ups? To each his own I suppose. This week I’m going to tell you what worked for me and saves me a ton when I do it.
Right now my current coupon organizer is The Couponizer. (Awesome for just throwing in your purse and heading out.)
- Anyway, first I make a general list of what we are in need of. Seems to always be the same fresh items.
- Check and see who has them on sale.
- Check and see what free/cheap items I can pick up.
- Get all coupons together for corresponding sale items.
- Sparate coupons by store.
- Make a small list of what I’m getting at each store, it’s sale price, coupon price and OOP price.
- Wrap coupons with the list an stick each store in a separate slot in The Couponizer.
(Sorry it’s so bright. I couldn’t figure out the whole flash thingy.)
By writing out what you are getting and for how much you will have a better idea if the final price at the register is accurate. Of course you must stick to the list for this to work. By by passing those impulse buys you will saves tons! Don’t forget to pick up rain checks when they are available for those items they ran out of.