Frugal Living Tip: Have Your Own Herb Garden
How to Have Your Own Herb Garden:
I love fresh herbs but they can get quit pricey. Even with all the McCormick coupons that have been coming out, the spices I use seem to be the most expensive. I decided to make my own little herb garden.
I headed out to a local garden center and went to nuts. I snagged several good sized plants for free with some promotion gift cards and coupons I received. I transplanted them to larger pots and labeled them.
It didn’t take long before my little plants had blossomed and were over flowing their pots. Some of the herbs I just didn’t use as fast as they grew so I had to dry them out.
How to dry your herbs:
- Make sure the leaves are dry and clean.
- Spread over baking sheet.
- Dry in oven at 215 degrees for about an hour.
- Keep checking the “crisp-ness”. You’ll be able to tell when they are dried enough.
- Once dried, remove leaves from stems and store in air tight container or baggie.
- Label and enjoy!