Feta & Spinach Quiche: Meal Maker Challenge #1
Are you guys ready for the first recipe of the Meal Maker Challenge? First let me tell you I am not a food blogger, photographer or anything like either one. I promise my recipes taste and look much better in person.
We are presently a family of 4 with a 7yr old boy and 3 yr old girl. Everyone enjoyed all of the recipes I prepared for this challenge and left zero leftovers!
You may notice on this challenge the recipe I posted called for a pie shell. Well my prego brain blacked out that part of the shopping list and we were left shell-less. Nevertheless it turned out great and tasted amazing! Mr T asked why we didn’t eat “egg pie” more often!
Feta & Spinach Quiche
What you’ll need:
- 1 ready to bake pie shell
- 3/4 c egg beaters (I used the Southwest one.)
- 1/4 c milk (or heavy cream if you like it richer)
- 1 c feta cheese
- 1 c spinach (if using frozen drain really well)
- 1/2 c purple onion diced
- 1 c diced beef (can be pre-cooked, if so obviously skip that part of step 1)
How to do it:
- Saute onions and beef in light olive oil or butter depending on preference.
- Mix eggs and milk/cream.
- Spread spinach, cheese and meat mix in bottom of pie shell.
- Pour egg mix in shell.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked thoroughly.
Be sure to head over to the Meal Maker Challenge Site and vote for this recipe!