Do It Yourself & Save BIG
Here is a list of things you can do yourself and save BIG. These are just average prices and can be done for less.
- Color/Highlight your own hair $60 average trip to the salon for a single process. $8 box of color $52 SAVED!
- Cut your little boys or husbands hair. $20 FREE (After purchase of clippers. AVG. $20 so they pay for themselves after 1 cut.)
$40 (Spa pedicure. Tip not included.)
Buy Sally Nail products when they are on sale and with coupons. You will not spend $40
- Reduce your eating out. Results will vary on this one. Cooking is not rocket science. Don’t know how to cook? They are numerous websites with step by step easy recipes. Don’t have time? Search for crock pot receipes. Fix it the night before. Pop it in before you leave for work and it’s ready when you get home. Don’t like to cook? Can’t really help you there but let me ask this. Do you like saving money? It’s like we tell our kids. “Sometimes we have to do things we don’t want it.” Or my personal favorite. ” Suck it up and do it anyway!”
- Take care of your lawns yourself. Somewhere around $30/week. Unless you are in a profession where you are never home and your subdivision has rules about lawn appearance, there isn’t a reason why you can’t do it yourself. No I take that back. If you are physically unable.
- Small household projects. You can SAVE BIG here! These days you can find how to do just about anything online. Unless the project is going to interfer with your home warranty or something to that effect, try it yourself first. The average charge for HW to send a repair person out is $65. Price out the cost difference first before calling.
- Vehicle maintaince. Washing and detailing run around $50. Make it a family event and get the kids involved. This will definetly provide for some entertainment as well. Change the oil yourself. It doesn’t take long and it’s not difficult either. Even I can do it! (and have) This will save between $20-$80 depending on vehicle type, and oil type. Synthetic is expensive but last 3x as long and is better on your vehicle.