DIY Craftyness: Make your own chalkboard paint.
I just thought this was way too cool. say good bye to the standard black or green Going Home to Roost for the idea.and hello to a color explosion! This is so simple and possibly cheap. I say possibly b/c if you already have the extras laying around the garage you won’t have to venture to the store. HUGE thanks to
What You’ll Need:
How To Do It:
- for small areas, mix one cup at a time. stir 2 tbsp of unsanded tile grout into one cup of paint, making sure any clumps dissolve.
- apply the mixture to either a roller or brush and and begin painting your surface. make sure to coat evenly and thoroughly (mine took about 3 coats). then, let it dry.
- once dry, sand the surface with your 150 grit sand paper to smooth it.
- to condition, run your chalk complety over the entire surface, and wipe clean.
- enjoy your new chalkboard!
Be the first to know about all the fun DIY projects I find when you follow me on Pinterest.